2 weeks short term insurance

last updated
2 replies
3 users
gices anonymous_2
Rees 22 Jun 2008
Hi there,

I would like to get insured on a friend's car for 1-2 weeks as my car is currently off the road. The only problem is that I am 20 years of age and you have to be 21. Is it possible for me to get insured? If not, do you know where I can get insured?



Driver SOS (UK)

Helping with car insurance, driving bans, learning to drive and other motoring issues

Driver SOS (UK)

Get help with your own questions, find what's new and talk with people on the same journey

This is a premium community exclusive to our members to discuss all things motoring where some of the discussions have been made public but read-only for you to get a taste of what it's like on the inside. Membership is £2.99 for 30 days access, collected through Paypal and can be renewed or cancelled as you see fit.
2897 members . 1217 topics . 2221 posts
anonymous_2 10 Sep 2010

Visitor From Australia (Full British Licence) to use OUR Car (Volvo 50 07 Reg)for 2 weeks. Is it possible? and indication of cost.

gices 24 Jun 2008

Hi Rees,

At the moment, no insurance companies will insure you for a short term period if you are not 21 yet. You could however get insured for a minimum of 1 month with eCar Pay As You Go Insurance though. They do it on a monthly basis and there's no age restriction for that type of insurance policy. Try getting a quote from them and see if it's affordable for you, otherwise you wouldn't be able to drive (legally!), I'm afraid.