Short term insurance for foreign licence holder

last updated
2 replies
3 users
gices anonymous_2
SebastianMrozek 30 Apr 2009

I would like to drive my father's car, here in Britain. I am Polish, do not have british driving licence although polish licence is acceptable in the UK. My father is a UK resident and his car is british and he is insured in the UK.

How much whould I pay for 7 or 10 days car insurance?


Driver SOS (UK)

Helping with car insurance, driving bans, learning to drive and other motoring issues

Driver SOS (UK)

Get help with your own questions, find what's new and talk with people on the same journey

This is a premium community exclusive to our members to discuss all things motoring where some of the discussions have been made public but read-only for you to get a taste of what it's like on the inside. Membership is £2.99 for 30 days access, collected through Paypal and can be renewed or cancelled as you see fit.
2897 members . 1217 topics . 2221 posts
anonymous_2 20 Jul 2010

I have UAE licence.

gices 30 Apr 2009


If you have a European driving licence, then there will not be any problem in getting car insurance for 7-10 days. Some insurers charge a fixed amount per day of cover while some others charge you depending on the vehicle you drive, years of driving experience and other factors.

You can expect to pay £11-20 per day. If you want, I can give you a list of companies which you can try getting a quote from. Just let me know.