Israeli licence holder looking for temporary insurance

Posted by
1 reply
2 users
My partner has an israeli licence and wants to get insured on my car for a week who does this? thank you

1 Reply

gices Level 6
I just double checked to see whether people with Israel driving licence are allowed to drive in the UK and there's no problem with this.

Which company are you currently insured with? It might be worth asking your insurer first to see whether they will take your partner on and it will be cheaper for you as well. There's only a few companies which will accept non UK residents for car insurance purposes and I hope that yours is one of them.

Otherwise, there's a temporary car insurance company which will do this but it's going to be quite expensive (probably £80 for 1 week cover). So let me know how you first get on with your current insurer and if they won't insure your partner, I'll tell you more about this other insurer.
Have something to say?
Ask a Question