Who to apply to get licence back after driving ban?

last updated
1 reply
2 users
helena 20 Jun 2010

Hi, how do I go about getting my licence back? I got a 2 year ban and it is long up although I never applied for it straight back. How do I go about getting it back now? Who do I apply to?


Driver SOS (UK)

Helping with car insurance, driving bans, learning to drive and other motoring issues

Join Community
Driver SOS (UK)

Ask your own questions, comment, vote and do more

This is a premium community which requires a one-time joining fee of £2.99.

This is less than the price of a pint but allows us to keep the community active and helpful and will allow you to ask as many questions as you want and get help with your queries.
2884 members 1212 topics 2221 posts

1 Comment

gices 23 Jun 2010

If your driving ban is over now, you can request your licence through the DVLA. As a matter of fact, the DVLA sends a reminder to your last known address so that you can apply for your licence back just before your disqualification is over. If you didn't get any reminders from the DVLA, you can fill a D1 application form (application for a driving licence, which you can get from the post office, print online from DirectGov website or call DVLA to get one) and send it to DVLA with the correct fee enclosed.

Usually you will get your driving licence back after 3 weeks once they've received your application. Good luck and let me know how it goes for you.