Apply to court or DVLA to get licence back after ban?

last updated
3 replies
4 users
anonymous_2 gices
George 30 Aug 2009

Do you apply to the courts or the dvla to have your licence back after 2 years of a 3 year ban and what are the chances of having it returned early if you have re offended during the ban?

Driver SOS (UK)

Helping with car insurance, driving bans, learning to drive and other motoring issues

Join Community
Driver SOS (UK)

Ask your own questions, comment, vote and do more

This is a premium community which requires a one-time joining fee of £2.99.

This is less than the price of a pint but allows us to keep the community active and helpful and will allow you to ask as many questions as you want and get help with your queries.
2884 members 1212 topics 2221 posts


gices 01 Sep 2009


You need to apply at the court which sentenced you in the first place and request for your licence to be returned to you. It is at the discretion of the court to return your licence earlier than your driving ban expiry date and they will consider things like past convictions and any re-offence which has been made after the ban on top of having a valid reason for making the application.

anonymous_2 15 Jun 2010

How do I apply for my licience back 1 year earlier than my 3 year ban?

tuggyboy 08 Dec 2010

I don't really know about things like this so not sure. I know I've been bad before but could really do with licence back due to me having two kids that stay 60miles away.